[j-nsp] ISIS Authentication Problems

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 11:07:29 EST 2012

> Mark,
>
> Do you have any tips regarding ISIS authentication between Junos and
> IOS? We have a 7600 that is connected to this same MX960 and it's
> having a similar problem. Do you know of any idiosyncrasies with
> regard to Juniper-to-IOS ISIS authentication?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Nevermind, I just found the answer to my question. In IOS, if you add
authentication to the interface it only authenticates the hello
packets. If you add authentication to the routing instance, it
authenticates LSPs but not hellos. If you want everything to be
authenticated you have to configure authentication on the interface
and on the routing instance.

John