[j-nsp] Shaping per logical VLAN interface

Joao Kluck gkluck at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:37:58 EDT 2012

Dear Community,

We are analyzing a scenario where we have one MX in a Hub location
connecting remote sites through a 3rd part leased line provider.

The MX is connected to the 3rd part provider with 1Gbps physical interface
with trunked VLAN logical interface.

The E-lines leased lines connecting MX hub to the remote sites provide
100Mbps (CIR=PIR).

There are 4 different class of service in the internal network and the
aggregated traffic needs to be shaped at 100Mbps in MX egress interface
per-destination (i.e VLAN) in order to conform the Leased line SLA provider.

How it the simplest way to implement this?

Do we need to implement a kind of HQoS (4x CoS per shaped-VLAN)?

 We intend to use non-Q/EQ MPC.

Thanks.
Rgs,

GK