[j-nsp] VPLS Frustrations (Juniper - Cisco)

Ben Boyd ben at sinatranetwork.com
Thu Mar 22 11:54:53 EDT 2012

A straight l2 circuit wouldn't work because of a switched-network between a PE and the CE.

L2VPN wouldn't work because BGP isn't used as MPLS transport mechanism.

Updated Setup:

CE switch #1 (untagged/tagged) -------- MX240 (11.4R1.14) -------- P router -------- Cisco PE (tagged) -------- Switched Network -------- CE switch #2 (untagged/tagged)

Ben Boyd
ben at sinatranetwork.com