[j-nsp] Help Needed for Bonjour Routing/OSX Clients

Spam spam-me at fioseurope.net
Wed May 9 16:03:47 EDT 2012

Hello All, I am a complete noobie when it comes to Juniper so please don't
bash me to bad :-)

Hardware: Juniper SRX240

Problem         : We have moved our client PCs from being all in 1 large
subnet into 8 VLANs to better segment
the various departments. All windows PCs/Servers are working fine, no
problems. The Apple
OSX PCs are another story. They can only see the Bonjour type services,
printers, etc. in their
own VLAN and none from the other VLANs.  How can I get this Bonjour traffic
to be passed/seen
by all devices in all VLANs?

Current Setup:  The SRX240 is the main (Only) router in the network. I is
configured with 8 VLANs, each
with a different /24 subnet.  2 Interfaces are Aggregated and connected to a
Managed/VLAN
Capable Switch (VPN Trunk) where the clients/servers have been placed in the
various VLANs.
Everything works as expected except the aforementioned Apple Bonjour.

All VLANs are in the same security Zone (Trusted) and permissions have been
setup for all "Trusted"
Interfaces to communicate with each other and pass any/all traffic (No
filters/security blocks between
VLANs).

Whats needed:  What are the commands to get the Bonjour traffic to be
seen/sent to all VLAN members?
I have found a few posts online, but they all seem to mention multiple
routers or large
Corp setups, thus not the right settings..  Any/All help would be
appreciated.