[j-nsp] Update on 10.4R9 stability for MX?

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Mon May 21 13:49:42 EDT 2012

The answer is pretty much the same with every code version.  You can query
the list for what others think are relevant bugs, but it's largely
subjective.  Depends on the size of your network, the services you use and
where you're upgrading from.  If you're already in the 10.4 train upgrading
to a new release is (some list members may differ) supposed to provide bug
fixes only and no new features or bugs.  If you are coming from a much
older code you may see new bugs that weren't there before as well as
changes in features or syntax.  Generally, speaking I haven't come across
many bugs in 10.4 although we're running an older release.  According to
their software lifecycle policy there shouldn't be any bugs in 10.4R9 that
aren't in earlier versions of 10.4.  As I said earlier though YMMV
considerably.