[j-nsp] Advice about migrating large scale Check Point to SRX

Pierre Lamy pierre at userid.org
Sun May 13 16:22:23 EDT 2012

Hello,

For any folks who have done this sort of migration before, do you have
any tips or advice about what to expect? I am especially interested in
workflow and managing complexity when adding many, many changes a week.

We've been shown JACL (which we will surely leverage daily) and SPACE
(not so sure about this, vs JACL mass management). I will also be
writing some automation tools for the environment w/ NETCONF, such as
automated remote backups and scheduled commits.

Pierre