[j-nsp] Advice about migrating large scale Check Point to SRX

pkc_mls pkc_mls at yahoo.fr
Mon May 14 05:23:43 EDT 2012

Le 13/05/2012 10:22, Pierre Lamy a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> For any folks who have done this sort of migration before, do you have
> any tips or advice about what to expect? I am especially interested in
> workflow and managing complexity when adding many, many changes a week.

Hi,

Does checkpoint large scale mean provider 1 ?
> We've been shown JACL (which we will surely leverage daily) and SPACE
> (not so sure about this, vs JACL mass management). I will also be
> writing some automation tools for the environment w/ NETCONF, such as
> automated remote backups and scheduled commits.

for the checkpoint export you can use odumper, but I'm not aware of any
free tool to convert the export
to SRX format (shouldn't be that hard to write in perl and will
definitely save time).

I did this for pix to srx conversion and this really saved a lot of
time. (but I didn't use juniper management like NMS or Space).

How many SRX will you have ?