[j-nsp] SRLGs in Inter-Area LSPs

Łukasz Dudziński lukasz at dudzinscy.org
Sat May 19 17:21:59 EDT 2012

Hi,

I do not have an experience in multi-area MPLS techniques, so I'm not
able to help you too much in that matter. But I'm sure that typically
MPLS Traffic Engineering is restricted to single area of IGP protocol.
If I understood your mail correctly you try to create a CSPF-based RSVP
LSP between different IGP areas, which is not possible "just like that".
That is because MPLS TE relies on IGP TE database, which (like the link
state database) is restricted to single IGP area. TE-DB is an extension
of link state DB. Such information like Admin Groups, SRLG membership or
BW reservation are stored in TE database. If size of your network force
you to use IGP hierarchy I suggest you to take a look on such things
like LDP-over-RSVP, Seamless MPLS or BGP Labelled Unicast.

Lukasz