[j-nsp] SRLGs in Inter-Area LSPs

Caillin Bathern caillinb at commtelns.com
Sun May 20 02:10:26 EDT 2012

Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for your response.

I agree that the TED is restricted to an ospf area for CSPF calculation however using the expand-loose-hop option on the ABRs should enable a cspf LSP to be set up to the remote area assuming that the ABRs are loose hops.  The problem I am having is I am not yet sure if the CSPF conditions (admin groups, SRLGs, etc) will be applied when that loose-hop expansion (cspf calculation by the ABR to reach the next ABR) is made by the ABR.

BGP-LU and the use of NHS attribute for scaling beyond a single area are definitely in play for multi-point VPNs however for any point-to-point L2VPNs we feel it would be much easier to generate an end-to-end dynamic LSP instead.

I am hoping to try this in the lab soon but I was hoping for any insight list members might have for this.

Cheers,
Caillin