[j-nsp] Troubleshooting output queue drops

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:16:00 EDT 2012

I have a lot of spiky traffic hitting a particular queue and much of
it is being dropped. I want to find out exactly what that traffic is.
I would guess that some variation of "monitor traffic interface" would
do the trick, but what is the best way to structure that if there is a
lot of traffic and I just want to see some examples of what is being
dropped in that queue? Is there a regexp that would help limit it by
DSCP markings or by queue?

Thanks,
John