[j-nsp] SRX650 - Failover - reth TRUNK with: vlan L2 mode transparent, and vlan L3

roland DROUAL roland.droual at paris.iufm.fr
Thu May 31 08:06:21 EDT 2012

I can't try this command because it's not accepted.

======================================
{primary:node0}[edit interfaces reth0]
xyz at AS-SRX650-01# set encapsulation ?
Possible completions:
   ether-vpls-ppp             Ethernet VPLS over PPP (bridging) device
   ethernet-bridge            Ethernet layer-2 bridging
   ethernet-ccc               Ethernet cross-connect
   ethernet-vpls              Ethernet virtual private LAN service
   extended-frame-relay-ccc   Any Frame Relay DLCI for cross-connect
   extended-frame-relay-tcc   Any Frame Relay DLCI for translational cross-connect
   extended-vlan-bridge       VLAN layer-2 bridging
   extended-vlan-ccc          Nonstandard TPID tagging for a cross-connect
   extended-vlan-vpls         Extended VLAN virtual private LAN service
   frame-relay-port-ccc       Frame Relay port encapsulation for a cross-connect
   vlan-ccc                   802.1q tagging for a cross-connect
   vlan-vpls                  VLAN virtual private LAN service
{primary:node0}[edit interfaces reth0]

I give you the simple config which I can save. It's simply, but it's not working. I can't ping from inside (reth1.200) until outside (reth0.200) accross the SRX650.
     reth0 {
         description "TRUNK vers RAP";
         vlan-tagging;
         redundant-ether-options {
             redundancy-group 1;
         }
         unit 200 {
             vlan-id 200;
         }
         unit 954 {
             vlan-id 954;
             family inet {
                 address 195.221.127.158/30;
             }
         }
     }
     reth1 {
         description "TRUNK vers INSIDE";
         vlan-tagging;
         redundant-ether-options {
             redundancy-group 1;
         }
         unit 100 {
             vlan-id 100;
             family inet {
                 address 10.1.4.2/29;
             }
         }
         unit 200 {
             description INTER-SITES;
             vlan-id 200;
         }
     }
security {
     policies {
         from-zone INTER-SITE to-zone INTER-SITE {
             policy allow-test {
                 match {
                     source-address any;
                     destination-address any;
                     application any;
                 }
                 then {
                     permit;
                 }
             }
         }
     }
     zones {
         security-zone INTER-SITE {
             host-inbound-traffic {
                 system-services {
                     all;
                 }
                 protocols {
                     all;
                 }
             }
             interfaces {
                 reth0.200;
                 reth1.200;
             }
         }

Thanks for your help !

Roland DROUAL

Try adding:

set interfaces reth0 encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services