[j-nsp] Layer 2 circuit - Traffic not flowing between Cisco and Juniper with mismatched VLAN ID

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Nov 1 07:42:31 EDT 2012

On (2012-11-01 16:57 +0530), Arun Kumar wrote:

> But in my case, Cisco side NPEG2 router. I will arrange for 7600 and do the
> testing with MX80 and let you know.

It would be useful if you'd show your config. I'm not sure what you are
trying to do, port mode, vlan mode?
You can get both VLAN and Port/Ethernet mode working.

Here is how VLAN mode will work:
VXR:
int giga4/2.42
  encap dot1q 42
  xconnect jnpr 42 encap mpls

MX:
ge-4/2.42
  encap vlan-ccc;
  vlan-tags outer 42;
  output-vlan-map swap;
  family ccc;

l2circuit:
neighbor csco {
  interface ge-4/2.42 {
    virtual-circuit-id 42;
  }
}

provided MTU is same, if not, just enforce it. You should standardize your
edge interface MTU and force EPV MTU to always same (it does not matter
what it is, it's just signalling, nothing to do with datapath)

--
  ++ytti