[j-nsp] EX4200 Virtual chassis

Darius Seroka dariusjs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 10:56:26 EST 2012

It should work (tm), but generally I believe it is best practice to create
a VC on two unused switches but in your case if you have one in production
you may not have options. You could confirm with JTAC to get the best
official answer.

As mentioned in several other threads you should also disable split
detection if the VC has only two chassis.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/no-split-detection-edit-virtual-chassis.html

virtual-chassis {
    no-split-detection;
    member 0 {
        mastership-priority 255;
    }
    member 1 {
        mastership-priority 255;
    }
}

Aslo if you are making use of the out of band management juniper recommends
to make use of vme

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB11044

Regards,
Darius