[j-nsp] Divert one specific VRF (L3 MPLS VPN) or L2 circuit over RSVP-TE

Per Granath per.granath at gcc.com.cy
Thu Nov 15 02:45:13 EST 2012

> I am testing RSVP-TE in Juniper MX Junos 11.2R3. Is there a way to have a
> RSVP-TE between ingress and egress PE and use that RSVP-TE only for one
> specific L3 MPLS VPN or L2 Circuit VPN customer and other VPN customers
> between the same ingress and egress PE to prefer a IGP/LDP path?
>
> In case of Cisco, for L3 MPLS VPN the same can be done by changing the bgp
> next hop to a new loopback and have a static for the new loopback over the
> TE (without using "autoroute announce" option). But in Juniper, once RSVP-
> TE is configure the tunnel destination usually loopback 0 (bgp next hop for all
> L3 VPN customers) starts learned via inet.3 routing table. So as soon as RSVP-
> TE comes up the loopback 0 of egress PE is learned via RSVP-TE. I want to
> stop this and have only the new loopback (bgp next hop for only one L3
> VPN/L2 VPN) take RSVP-TE?

If you use BGP for VPN signaling, then you can use communities to choose which LSP each VPN service would use.

So, using RSVP-TE you would set up your two LSP to the same destination lo0 interface, and the select LSP based on the community, like

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos95/swconfig-vpns/id-11592207.html

The RSVP signaled LSP will always be preferred over LDP, based on route preference.
If you want LDP preferred, you would need to increase the 'preference' for the LSP to above 9

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos9.6/information-products/topic-collections/config-guide-mpls-applications/preference-edit-protocols-mpls.html#id-13414

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos9.6/information-products/topic-collections/config-guide-mpls-applications/mpls-configuring-preference-values-for-lsps.html#id-10827

Sorry about the old versions of documentation...