[j-nsp] Multihoming Using Juniper SRX 240

Farrukh Haroon farrukhharoon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 03:03:42 EST 2012

Dear Rehan

To complement Morgan's response.

It seems you are based in Saudi.  Here IGW allows ISPs to advertise a /25.
Assuming you already have your own /24 from RIPE, you can divide this into
two /25 and achieve reasonable 'load-sharing' in the inbound direction.  To
keep the traffic uniform make sure that the NAT rules use IP addresses from
both /25 ranges. E.g. if you have two proxy servers, you place on in each.

For outbound, you could do some sort of intelligent PBR with tracking
(FBF), with the appropriate switchover to the secondary ISP.  E.g. User
VLANs 1,2,3 go to ISP-A, Servers and User VLANs 4 and 5 go to ISP-B. If any
of the ISP is down, all traffic should go through the live ISP.

There is an example of using FBF to do this in the SRX Security config
guide and in the O'reilly  SRX security book (Chapter 11)
Regards

Farrukh Haroon
Riyadh,KSA