[j-nsp] pim sparse mode - part 2

Giuliano Cardozo Medalha giuliano at wztech.com.br
Sat Nov 24 17:16:51 EST 2012

people

we did a setup lab for ipv6 multicast routing using juniper srx210 boxea and 12.1R4 release

3 routers connected by a switch (ex2200) - star topology

basically we did the configurarion with mld and pim using static rp configuration using loopback of one of the routers

the unicast routes were dynamic learning using is-is

after create a streaming using vlc in one of the lan interface of router a other clients could not be able to join the multicast v6 group using the same software

is there some special config to be able to do it work fine ?

the ssm mode must be a better config ?

using ipv4 it works ok

if we connect one host directly to another it is possible to join the group and see multicast streaming

does anyone has some similar config that works on this kind of environment ?

thanks a lot

giuliano