[j-nsp] utilization based policer changes?

OBrien, Will ObrienH at missouri.edu
Wed Nov 28 10:29:33 EST 2012

I'm interested in possibly using junoscript to adjust policing based on a utilization ceiling.

Example, let's say that I've got 2Gb/sec of bandwidth that I can use. At busy times, it's appropriate to police users at 7Mb, but if I'm only using around 70% of that 2Gb, adjust policing up to something like 10Mb/sec.

I already have policers established, just looking for a sane way to do this. I'd want to take a sample for the previous 15minutes. Given the need to use average stats, I assume that I probably just need to do triggers from a monitoring host.

Any suggestions on the path to follow for this? I know junos has various hooks, but until now I haven't pursued using them.