[j-nsp] Detecting OSPF packet drops

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Wed Nov 28 15:15:43 EST 2012

When I do a commit on an somewhat buxy MX80, I see

Nov 27 21:14:10.443024 OSPF dropped 172 received packets due to flow blockage

as long as I have set ospf traceoptions flag error. Without
traceoptions, the error is not logged.

Now, JTAC is telling me that I cannot run with any traceoptions on that
box in production. That leaves me completely in the dark when it comes
to dropped OSPF packets, and I will have no way of knowing if the packet
drops hit a level where I risk losing neighbors.

Is there anything I can do to monitor those drops, without using
traceoptions?

/Benny