[j-nsp] QFX3500-48S4Q-ACR

Michael Smith mksmith at mac.com
Tue Oct 9 20:59:29 EDT 2012

On Sep 27, 2012, at 4:13 PM, Dave Peters - Terabit Systems <Dave at terabitsystems.com> wrote:

> We are considering deploying these for a customer's TOR, but I don't have any experience with them.
>
> Anybody out there have experience or comments good/bad on these?  Anything I should know going in?
>
> Thanks a bunch.
>
> --Dave Peters

We are deploying them extensively, having selected them from all the usual Trident-based suspects.  There are hooks coming to tune the buffers away from FCOE, which is important to us as we are using them only as L2 Ethernet switches.

Given the lack of buffer, we found that they can do about 7 Gb/sec on 10G ports with an 80 Gb/sec LAG (or 2x40) uplink without queue drops in a microburst-heavy environment such as ours.

Mike