[j-nsp] CCC on EX, link state propagation

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Fri Oct 12 06:49:18 EDT 2012

Chris Kawchuk <juniperdude at gmail.com> writes:

> BTW, I also saw in the 12.2 Release Notes that LDP-based L2CKTs are
> now supported on the EX4500/4550.
>
> You can maybe use an l2circut/L2CKT instead of a CCC; using martini
> style status-tlvs to signal end-to-end availability. ...Haven't tried
> this in the Lab yet. Might be worth a shot to drop the interface
> ccc-style.

Maybe I am reading the release notes wrong, but to me it looks like that
only applies to EX4500, not to EX4550. Are you referring to this bit:
"EX4500 standalone switches and EX4500 Virtual Chassis now support all
MPLS features that are supported on EX8200 switches with the following
exceptions"?

/Benny