[j-nsp] How are max routes calculated on an SRX

Morgan McLean wrx230 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:12:08 EDT 2012

700,000 routes in the control plane, as far as I know.

Let me share my experience. SRX650 cluster, max routes somewhere along that
700k number you gave. I was taking four feeds, giving me somewhere around
1.6M routes. It technically took all of them, but it took 20 minutes to
failover all of those routes to another interface. The box was way
overloaded and caused major headaches. It would do things like say next hop
unavailable etc, this was because the forwarding plane still was pointing
the route to the downed interface, while the control plane was already
looking to the backup.

Morgan