[j-nsp] How reliable is EX multichassis? 3300 and 8200 switches

Giuliano Medalha giuliano at wztech.com.br
Fri Oct 26 17:19:05 EDT 2012

Morgan,

We have some cases running EX8200 as a Virtual Chassis, but you will need
the XRE200 External Routing Engines:

http://www.juniper.net/in/en/products-services/switching/ex-series/options/xre200/

Don't forget that you will need the 8 ports (10 gig)  for chassis inter x
connections - EX8200-8XS

It is a very good topology and we have very good performance with not bad
uptime (196 days) right now.

Without STP problems.

We have used a lot of EX4200 pairs (48 port) connected by Virtual Chassis
for Client Access.

2 x 10 giga fiber (1 for each EX4200) connect using Aggregated Ethernet
Interfaces to both EX8200 (10 gig modules)

I really recommend it for you.

Att,

Giuliano