[j-nsp] How reliable is EX multichassis? 3300 and 8200 switches

Morgan McLean wrx230 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:36:23 EDT 2012

I know I need the XRE200, but my question would be why? Why is this the
only EX product requiring external RE's? And also, it looks like you need
two local RE's to be able to connect to two external RE's? Seems
unnecessarily expensive.

Also, are the 8XS required for inter connects? Right now I only have two
8208's each with an 8XS and the 40 port 10g card, but I plan on adding
another 40 port and in the future two additional EX8208's at another site
with two 40 port 10gig cards each, no more 8XS cards. I would like to
spread the interconnections across two cards to protect against a module
failure.

Morgan