[j-nsp] SRX: rate-limiting source NAT sources

Hans Kristian Eiken hans.kristian.eiken at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 12:15:22 EDT 2012

You could limit the number of sessions each ip address in your internal
zone can initiate. Here is an example on limiting an ip address in the zone
trust to only be able to create 10000 session.

set security screen ids-option session-limit limit-session source-ip-based
10000
set security zones security-zone trust screen session-limit

There should be no license needed for this feature.Here is how to configure
this:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.1/topics/example/denial-of-service-firewall-source-based-session-limit-setting-cli.html

--
Hans Kristian Eiken