[j-nsp] Odd drop behavior on low-rate multicast streams

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:30:40 EDT 2012

Nilesh,

We're trying this configuration and it's not having the results I
expected. Previously, there would be no entry in "show multicast
route" for a particular group, but there would be an entry in "show
pim join extensive". After implementing the flow map with the timeout
set to never, I would have expected an entry to appear in the
multicast routing table since there are active PIM joins, but that
doesn't seem to be the case.

Can you confirm what I should expect to see? Shouldn't I see an entry
in the multicast routing table for all entries matched in the flow map
now?

Thanks,
John