[j-nsp] Odd drop behavior on low-rate multicast streams

Nilesh Khambal nkhambal at juniper.net
Tue Oct 30 19:35:31 EDT 2012

Hi John,

Did you check by sending the traffic after enabling this configuration? Once the forwarding entry is created with traffic, it should have the timeout set to Never for that entry in "show multicast route group <blah> extensive" output.

Forwarding entry won't get created until we see the traffic hitting this PIM join entry. Creation of entry with flow-map is  still traffic driven (except the very first time when the PIM join is received). Only the deletion (once created is affected by flow-map.

Let me know what you see after sending traffic.

Thanks,
Nilesh.

Sent from my mobile device