[j-nsp] How reliable is EX multichassis? 3300 and 8200 switches

Morgan McLean wrx230 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 19:06:31 EDT 2012

Can anybody give me an idea regarding typical failover times if the master
in a two switch pair were to die? The quickest I've seen in my testing with
EX3300's is 45 seconds, just for L2 forwarding to continue working, no
routing. All the ports drop link as well on the secondary switch while
things switch over. I can have my laptop connected to the secondary switch,
passing traffic up an uplink on the secondary, and if the master dies it
creates a 45 second interruption.

Normal?

Morgan