[j-nsp] Twinax direct attach cables coming loose?

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Sep 12 08:58:47 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 02:35:08PM -0700, Morgan McLean wrote:
> Is anybody having issues with twinax / DAC cables from juniper staying
> secure? We run redundant L2 links just about everywhere so this hasn't
> caused down time, but at least 7-8 times I've had a link to a switch go
> down, usually at our core, and we barely nudge it inward and the link comes
> back up.
>
> I like the DAC cables but I'm starting to get a little nervous with them
> being so sensitive. Its going between EX3300 switches and the 40 port 10gig
> card for the 8208.
>
> Anyone else experience this? Any solutions?

We have about 80 of them for connections from EX4500s to servers, in
3m, 5m, 7m lengths.  They are all either Tyco or Amphenol OEM.  There
have been no issues so far that I've been made aware of.