[j-nsp] SRX IPSEC performance

Mike Devlin gossamer at meeksnet.ca
Sat Sep 15 22:49:20 EDT 2012

So i have personally achieved 1.6G throughput per SPC on and SRX3600 on
10.4R9.2 code line.

I was required to push 3.5G from a single source, which required the use of
a hidden command in what i remember being the gateway config.

i also had to pop out to the shell, and use "kmd -T ip1:ip2"

The ips required here are those of the IKE association.  We in the end,
needed 2 IPs on both sides to split the traffic across 3 SPCs, and it
required substantial planning to get these numbers.

Going to 12 code, which i never got to test, i had an elaborate plan to
attempt equal cost load balancing across multiple IPSEC VPNs on 5800s, but
was unfortunately laid off before i got to work out the finer details of it.