[j-nsp] MX80 bridge-domain QinQ question

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Sun Sep 23 16:40:03 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Robert Hass <robhass at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Doug Hanks <dhanks at juniper.net> wrote:
> [...]
>> You'll just need to define each CTAG as you have been doing.
>
> Hi Jeff
> Could you paste working configuration here if you find solution ? As
> I'm also interested in same configuration.

Hey, Robert, I have just configured a bridge-domain and associated
LIFs per each CVLAN.  It works just like this:
root at CR3.1250RL> show configuration bridge-domains
vl423 {
    description "CUSTXP xxx public";
    interface xe-0/0/3.423;
    interface ge-1/1/8.14281;
}
vl424 {
    description "CUSTXP xxx LAN";
    interface xe-0/0/3.424;
    interface ge-1/1/8.14282;
}

root at CR3.1250RL> show configuration interfaces ge-1/1/8.14281
description "CUSTXP xxx public";
encapsulation vlan-bridge;
vlan-tags outer 1428 inner 423;
family bridge;
root at CR3.1250RL> show configuration interfaces ge-1/1/8.14282
description "CUSTXP xxx LAN";
encapsulation vlan-bridge;
vlan-tags outer 1428 inner 424;
family bridge;

root at CR3.1250RL> show configuration interfaces xe-0/0/3.423
description "CUSTXP xxx public";
encapsulation vlan-bridge;
vlan-id 423;
family bridge;
root at CR3.1250RL> show configuration interfaces xe-0/0/3.424
description "CUSTXP xxx LAN";
encapsulation vlan-bridge;
vlan-id 424;
family bridge;

Basically, if we needed to haul a lot of CVLANs into the
bridge-domain(s) for connection to several other sites, we would have
to push an outer-tag onto the CVLANs using the EX4200 in the
datacenter network, and pop them back off at their office CEs.  That
would allow doing it without b-d and LIFs per every CVLAN.  We don't
want to do the push on the EX4200 though, because in this instance,
the customer only has one port on the datacenter network for mixed
use.  If the customer asked for a bunch more CVLANs to be hauled
around for them we would ask them to take another switch port to
simplify things.  For only two CVLANs the above is pretty sane and
better for us than making the customer take more ports.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts