[j-nsp] MX5-T VPLS fowarding problem

Per Granath per.granath at gcc.com.cy
Wed Apr 3 03:10:03 EDT 2013

If you configure "vlan-id none" under the routing-instance, then all vlan tags will be remove before transport over MPLS, and automatically the correct tag will be pushed on egress towards CE.

Effectively, the VPLS becomes a single broadcast domain also when there are different VLAN ID on different sites.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos11.4/topics/task/configuration/layer-2-services-bridge-domains-and-vpls-routing-instances-configuring-vlan-ids-for.html