[j-nsp] MX - Changing MAC address on different unit of the same interface

Nitzan Tzelniker nitzan.tzelniker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 14:53:59 EDT 2013

Another use case is for DPI or other transparent devices when your traffic
is not symmetrical (more downstream than upstream )
you are installing the DPI between two vrf on the same router and use
switch as port extender
This way you are using less ports on the router for almost the same amount
of traffic

btw IIRC one way to solve it is to use rvi interface as the L3 it
have different mac address then the physical port

      | Router  |      |  |        |

Nitzan