[j-nsp] Best route reflector platform

JP Velders jpv at veldersjes.net
Sat Apr 20 17:14:40 EDT 2013

> Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:34:29 -0500
> From: Richard A Steenbergen <ras at e-gerbil.net>
> Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Best route reflector platform

> I begged them to do this right when that box first came out, but there
> were no takers. They cripple it in software so the XRE can't be made to
> run rpd stand-alone and act as a route reflector.

Weirdly enough, I spotted these (new) guys in the Juniper GPL:
* MX240-RR-AC-B: MX240 route reflector AC bundle
* S-RR: Route Reflector (RR) Software license for JCS1200

Spacewise I'd opt for the MX240, but an XRE would be better indeed.

There's also SRX-BGP-ADV-LTU for "Advanced BGP License for SRX
650 only" (Route Reflector), though I wonder how far it'll scale...

Anybody try to see if a Route Reflector in Junosphere's VJX worked ?

Kind regards,
JP Velders