[j-nsp] SNMP on logical-system fxp0

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Apr 25 13:30:20 EDT 2013

On (2013-04-25 19:20 +0200), Tore Anderson wrote:

> Use of the fxp0 port doesn't require any more ports/wiring than the CMP
> style approach you appear to be advocating?

My point is, with FXP0 I still need to build RS232 network as well. With
CMP not.
I fully accept you need on-band + OOB, but you don't need three methods.

> It would be better to have an embedded iLO/BMC in the chassis like you
> find on pretty much any x86 server these days - with internal serial

This is what CMP is. Imagine offering FXP0 solution to server guys? Here is
eth1 to your linux, it only works when linux works, have fun.

--
  ++ytti