[j-nsp] SNMP on logical-system fxp0

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Apr 25 14:40:04 EDT 2013

On (2013-04-25 13:03 -0400), Brandon Ross wrote:

> We have very different experiences then.  I'm not claiming it's a
> majority, but I will claim that many of the largest networks in the
> world do, indeed, have true OOB management networks.  Enough that

I'm not saying don't build OOB, I'm saying, I don't want to build three
networks to access the router. On-band is given. So will the second network
be rs232 or fxp?
Both of them are bad options, but RS232 is less bad, as you can reboot the
box even if JunOS is wonky.

What the 2nd option should be CMP/vPro type solution and everyone should
start adding this as scoring item in their RFQ, so vendors will realize
there is market demand for proper OOB port.

--
  ++ytti