[j-nsp] MS NLB multicast mode and EX 12.x new behaviour issues

Sebastian Wiesinger juniper-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Tue Apr 30 06:08:47 EDT 2013

* Tarko Tikan <tarko at lanparty.ee> [2013-04-28 19:12]:
> By 'mixed' you surely mean painful. E-s filters do not work for STP,
> period. STP traffic is captured to RE first, bypassing all ingress
> filters and is then sent out from RE to be flooded as normal
> multicast.

Hi,

I can't confirm this. We have working bpdufilters on EX since at least
11.2 by manually filtering with a firewall filter. I'm pretty sure
that it worked in 10.4 but can't find a current example.

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant