[j-nsp] Juniper dead J series?

Brad Fleming bdflemin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 19:01:14 EDT 2013

We had this happen several times over the past 3 years or so. In all cases there's no console output, all LEDs on solid, and fans spin up and remain spun up until power is removed from the device. We tried some Redneck Engineering on one failed box that wasn't under maintenance and replaced RAM and CF cards with no luck. We've moved to SRX gear for nearly all locations; however, I believe the J's had some internal diag lights that failed to indicate any problems (at least in our cases).