[j-nsp] Juniper dead J series?

David Gee dave at infiltr8.com
Fri Aug 2 04:41:08 EDT 2013

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the response. I think I'm going to just have to admit defeat
judging by the information laid out in front of me. Jcare wasn't ever an
option for this router so other than maybe turning it into a footrest, I
think it's days as being something useful are over. I may attempt some
Frankenstein repair attempt and if it's successful I'll be sure to post
information.

Thanks again,
David

p.s. Thanks to everyone that responded.

>We had this happen several times over the past 3 years or so. In all cases
there's no console output, all LEDs on solid, and fans spin up and remain
spun up until power is removed from the device. We >tried some Redneck
Engineering on one failed box that wasn't under maintenance and replaced RAM
and CF cards with no luck. We've moved to SRX gear for nearly all locations;
however, I believe the J's >had some internal diag lights that failed to
indicate any problems (at least in our cases).