[j-nsp] PSN-2013-08-987 - OSPF Advisory - Impact?

Cristian Frizziero cristian.frizziero at iquall.net
Mon Aug 5 03:35:32 EDT 2013

Hi,

No, in theory there shouldn't be untrusted devices there,
that's right, but cannot exclude that neither: in some opportunity i
remember that customer forgot to configure the protection filter onto
new boxes recently installed. Who knows....

Unfortunately customer
doesn't have a very robust network management tool, so when somebody
makes such type of errors, can pass days before it is discovered and
fixed...

Cristian

Frizziero wrote:

>> Just to give you an example, here in Telecom
Italia all the POPS are setted as NSSA areas, and inside them there are
2 ABRs that are connected to ALL their edge boxes onto 2 VLANs, so we
have a wide use of broadcast domains in our network... not in the core
obviously, but every non-zero areas for us are impacted by this alert.

> And you have non-trusted devices in those VLANs? Where malicious
OSPF

--

Cristian Frizziero