[j-nsp] Enabling SSL support for JunosScript invocation

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Dec 2 09:52:48 EST 2013

On (2013-12-02 09:17 -0500), Phil Shafer wrote:

> JUNOS uses the "fetch" app under the covers, which lacks HTTPS
> support.  We're moving to "curl", which does.  I don't have an
> ETA on this support.

I believe the problem is, domestic incorrectly calls 'fetch' while it should
call 'fetch-secure', which works and is installed.

We opened JTAC case for this, and they did fix it, for use case where you load
configuration remotely.
Unfortunately we naively didn't specify all use-cases, so naturally it was not
fixed for copying images. I opened another case (2012-1018-0099) for https for
image copy, and I think it was integrated in 12.1 or so.

--
  ++ytti