[j-nsp] Enabling SSL support for JunosScript invocation

Sebastian Wiesinger juniper-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Fri Dec 20 10:00:56 EST 2013

* Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> [2013-12-02 15:54]:
> On (2013-12-02 09:17 -0500), Phil Shafer wrote:
>
> > JUNOS uses the "fetch" app under the covers, which lacks HTTPS
> > support.  We're moving to "curl", which does.  I don't have an
> > ETA on this support.
>
> I believe the problem is, domestic incorrectly calls 'fetch' while it should
> call 'fetch-secure', which works and is installed.
>
> We opened JTAC case for this, and they did fix it, for use case where you load
> configuration remotely.
> Unfortunately we naively didn't specify all use-cases, so naturally it was not
> fixed for copying images. I opened another case (2012-1018-0099) for https for
> image copy, and I think it was integrated in 12.1 or so.

Funny,

I opened a case some time ago about that and JTAC told me that HTTPS
is unsupported and that I should use HTTP instead. The support for
HTTPS vanished between two JunOS versions.

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant