[j-nsp] Anybody use dual RE in srx3k? SCM only?

OBrien, Will ObrienH at missouri.edu
Mon Dec 16 16:26:26 EST 2013

Second REs don't really do anything on SRX... yet.

On the 5800s, I had to add them in order to bring up a secondary control link. The only thing they do is init the control plane on the chassis for that link to come up.
I believe it's an artifact from stealing the MX chassis.  I don't think it does anything for you on the 3600, since that's a different chassis architecture altogether.

Will