[j-nsp] After reboot optic doesn't send light

Grzegorz Janoszka Grzegorz at janoszka.pl
Tue Feb 19 00:27:05 EST 2013

Every now and then we happen to a see strange case with our linecards
(MPC 3D 16x 10GE). After a linecard reboot one of the optics sometimes
stops sending light:

Physical interface: xe-2/3/3
    Laser bias current                        :  0.000 mA
    Laser output power                        :  0.0000 mW / - Inf dBm
    Module temperature                        :  22 degrees C / 71 degrees F
    Module voltage                            :  3.2220 V
    Receiver signal average optical power     :  0.2459 mW / -6.09 dBm

Reseating interface help, but in remote locations it is not really
handy. Disabling/enabling interface doesn't help.

Any tips of how to deal with it without asking remote hands support?
I will greatly appreciate anything that helps.

--
Grzegorz Janoszka