[j-nsp] M10i FPC PIC Throughput Questions

Christopher E. Brown chris.brown at acsalaska.net
Sat Feb 23 22:13:10 EST 2013

With the std cfeb after internal overhead per bus capacity is 3.2Gbit of
traffic, this is worst case minimum small packets, etc.

Raw bus capacity is IIRC ~ 4Gbit, difference is overhead.

Unless you are doing all small packet, actual limit is higher than 3.2.

Enhanced CFEB bumps the raw bus capacity to something around 5Gbit, and
the after all overheads forwarding capacity to 4Gbit (based on the 1G
per PIC limit).

Summ...

CFEB
	Up to 1Gbit per PIC, 3.2Gbit per bus _worst case small packet_

E-CFEB
	Up to 1Gbit per PIC

These figures are