[j-nsp] Juniper equivalent to Cisco 3800X

Riccardo S dim0sal at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 09:04:15 EST 2013

Hi Tim
indeed was Cisco directly telling me to use C3800X but I guess I know why....

I was thinking to EX4200 or EX4550...
MPLS is not needed.

Cisco 3400E has only 10/100 24 ports and 2 combo as far as I know...

Ric

Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 07:56:06 -0600
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Juniper equivalent to Cisco 3800X
From: jackson.tim at gmail.com
To: dim0sal at hotmail.com
CC: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net

Any of the EX3200/3300/4200 meet those requirements, but do not have the full MPLS suite that the 3800X will have, nor do they have the buffers that the 3800X does.
If that's all you want from a switch, the 3800X is overkill, maybe look at ME3400E vs EX4200/3300..

--Tim

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Riccardo S <dim0sal at hotmail.com> wrote:

Which is,

from your point of view, the equivalent model of Cisco 3800X metro ethernet ?

I’m

focusing on the following feature needed:

-

At

least 24 gigaethernet ports

-

Full

BGP support

-

Full

multicast support

-

Ethernet-aggregation

(LAG)

-

Full

layer2 capabilities

For the

decision takes sense also a cost analysis, as far as I can understand Cisco

3800X is more than 20k $ price list…

Tks