[j-nsp] Juniper equivalent to Cisco 3800X

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Wed Jan 2 09:24:18 EST 2013

That is correct.  Make sure that if you are looking at the EX, you get a quote for the Advanced License, which seems to be required if you want to route multicast.  If you mean full routing tables when you say "Full BGP Support", then the EX is not going to cut it.  I believe the next step up, if you require full tables, is the MX80 or one of its enterprise-level variants (MX5, MX10, etc.).  If you don't require MPLS, I question the reasoning behind the ME3800 recommendation from Cisco - why not the 3750X?

-evt