[j-nsp] Multicast Traffic over L2VPN

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Jan 29 08:15:13 EST 2013

Hi there..

I'm confused about something and wanted to ask the list for help..;)

Is there anything special required to carry multicast traffic across a L2VPN
path?  We have a situation where multicast isn't working properly and
there's a L2VPN path in the middle.  I have found lots of documentation on
layer 3 VPN's in Juniper and all the steps involved to bring that up . but
with a layer2 VPN does this not just pass through?

Sorry if this seems like a basic question - my love for multicast is pretty
limited.

Paul