[j-nsp] Multicast Traffic over L2VPN

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Tue Jan 29 13:03:38 EST 2013

Yes, I believe for L2 mcast should just work. This assumes the mcast is not using some reserved MAC value such as that used by spanning tree, which if not in a L2 port mode might be consumed locally, rather than transported to the far end.

Perhaps post your config (more than one type of l2 service, vpls vs. l2 ckt, for example) and folks can comment.

HTHs