[j-nsp] Dynamic VPN from MAC

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Mon Jul 15 00:39:35 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:59:18PM +1000, Ali Sumsam wrote:
> Is it possible to connect Dynamic VPN to Juniper SRX100 from my MAC?
> Can I dial directly from my Mac's dialer, if I dont want to use Junose
> Pulse.

The Mac "dialer" is L2TP over IPSec, so the SRX would need to support
that set of standards if you wanted to do that. But the SRX doesn't
support L2TP over IPSec at all AFAIK.

If you don't want to use Junos Pulse, I'd recommend buying
VPN Tracker for the Mac. Excellent IPSec VPN client. Works no-matter-what
for just about any IPSec VPN setup. Easy to setup, easy to use.
But, it costs $$$.