[j-nsp] MX80 is getting Rebooted Frequently....

jnsp at ukeer.de jnsp at ukeer.de
Thu Jul 25 03:11:00 EDT 2013

hi,

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:48:36AM +0530, Abdullah Al Faruque Mullick wrote:
> I don't know whether MX80 boot with only USB.. can't we install the Junos in inbuilt storage? Can anyone confirm me the same?

remove the usb stick, reboot.  it will boot from its internal storage.

you can install other releases with request system software update

the usb stick is some sort of rescue boot in case the internal disk
dies.

> One more thing is that the Router is getting rebooted frequently....Plz help to sort out the issue....

You are most likely experiencing a misconfiguration, for example the
watchdog might be rebooting the box because of some issue.

Another issue might be that the hardware is faulty.

both situations can be cleared up via JTAC, not via this Mailinglist.

 -mc